In a town chock-full of independent boutiques overflowing with artisanal wares, home décor and fashionable accessories for both bipeds and dogs, just where do you start your holiday shopping? We’re here to help! Today we kick off our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide: 50 Extraordinary Gifts, with our top picks for one-of-a-kind, it’s-a-perfect-fit gifts from Alexandria. Up first: Top 5 Extraordinary Gifts for the Home!
1. Cotton Throw 50″x60″ (Gray or ivory), $115 from Coco Blanca
2. Mauviel’s professional copper roast pan 15.7 x 11.8” with stainless steel lining, $270 for the holidays, from La Cuisine
3. Local artists’ best small work, $45 and up, The Art League
4. My Irish Table by Cathal Armstrong, featuring 130 recipes showcasing modern Irish fare, $35 from Society Fair
5. Reclaimed wood frames 5×7 or 8×10, $74 – $95 from Red Barn Mercantile
BONUS: Set of 6 Assorted Champagne Flutes, $65 from Coco Blanca
Not bad, huh? From now until Christmas we’ll be rolling out two Top 5 lists each week so that you can find authentic gifts for all the extraordinary people (and pets) you love. Up next: our top picks for foodies!
For more extraordinary gifts from Alexandria, click here.